Do you need help with a clogged drain in Richland, WA? When plunging is unsuccessful in managing the situation, hiring a plumber can offer immediate results. Precision Plumbing & Supply routinely responds to clogged drain calls and offers the following advice when trying to deal with a particularly tricky blockage:
- Never pour abrasive or erosive agents down your plumbing system
- Try several safe home remedies before calling an expert
- Plunge for at least 15 minutes before giving up
When Do I Need a Plumber for a Clogged Drain?
Slow-moving drains are not always the product of a recent blockage- sometimes, they’re the result of many years of buildup and debris. If you’ve suddenly noticed drains are not moving as quickly as they once did, there are a few DIY methods you can try before calling in a plumber:
- Mix one cup of baking soda with a half cup of regular table salt and pour down the drain; follow up with two cups of vinegar. Return in 15 minutes to attempt plunging.
- While your hot water faucet is turned on, drip dish detergent into the drain; continue for 2-3 minutes, or as long as your slow-moving or clogged drain will allow. Repeat every 30 minutes for two hours.
- Plunge the drain for 5 minutes, alternating by pouring hot water (not boiling water) down the drain. Continue for up to 30 minutes
When tough clogs do not respond to plunging and other home remedies, contact Precision Plumbing & Supply for over-the-phone advice. If we’re not successful in talking you through plunging efforts, we’ll come out and get the situation in hand quickly using state-of-the-art equipment and professional techniques.
Can I Use Drano In My Plumbing System?
In a word, no. Drano is highly erosive and will quickly eat a hole in your drainage system. The worst thing about using Drano is that its effects don’t always happen immediately. You could be out for the day and return home to a big mess under your sink, or you may not find the leak until moisture and mold have caused damage in your under-sink floorboard, requiring repairs to your plumbing and your flooring. Under no circumstances should you use a product containing lye. Protect your plumbing by keeping abrasives to a minimum, as well.
The Best Solution to a Clogged Drain in Richland, WA
Precision Plumbing & Supply is a full-service plumbing company, locally owned and operated. We're pleased to serve our community with a broad range of plumbing options, including routine maintenance, emergency repairs, frozen pipe response, water heater service, and immediate response to your clogged drain in Richland, WA.
When do-it-yourself remedies fail to get things under control, we're able to come out any time of the day or after-hours for emergency issues. We highly recommend calling us if you need expert advice or assistance diagnosing a plumbing problem. We’re known as the best plumber in your area for all types of plumbing system concerns.Clogged Drain Richland Wa
View Larger Map